Toyota Canada Inc. Sales Increase 1.9%, Set November RecordJan 15th, 2020
- Electrified vehicle sales set record for eighth straight month, up 36.6%
- Lexus sales up 17.3% for new monthly record
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported sales of 19,089 vehicles for November, up 1.9% with both the Toyota and Lexus Divisions setting monthly records.
TCI reported its eighth straight month of record electrified vehicle sales (2,785 units, up 36.6%) as more Canadians are finding a Toyota or Lexus hybrid or plug-in hybrid vehicle that meets their needs.
The Prius Prime plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (682 units, up 204.5%) and the made-in-Canada RAV4 Hybrid (1,102 units, up 34.7%), both setting November records, continue to lead the way, far eclipsing TCI’s annual electrified vehicle sales record with year-to-date sales of 32,903 units, up 47.9% compared to the same period last year.
Led by the RX (1,021 units, up 35.2%), TCI’s Lexus luxury division reported sales of 2,281 units, up 17.3%. TCI’s Toyota Division reported sales of 16,808 units in November, up 0.1%.
The RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX and RX Hybrid, which together make up nearly one third of TCI’s vehicle sales, are all made in Canada.
Additional November Highlights
- TCI truck sales of 13,229 units, up 9.3% (new November record)
- RAV4 sales of 5,634 units, up 19.4% (new November record)
- Highlander sales of 1,316 units, up 18.2% (new November record)
Please click here to view full TCI November sales results.