Accessibility Standard for Customer Service
'Providing Services to People with Disabilities'
Burlington Toyota is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities pertaining to sales, parts or service, Burlington Toyota will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services if available. The notice will be placed at the customer entrances to our premises located at 1249 Guelph Line, Burlington, Ontario.
Training for staff
Burlington Toyota will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. All staff of Burlington Toyota will be trained within 90 days of hire.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Burlington Toyota's plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use various machines in our dealership to assist people with disabilities, using tact and dignity.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Burlington Toyota's services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
- Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Burlington Toyota provides services to people with disabilities can via email, verbally suggest or call Burlington Toyota.
- All feedback will be directed to the Controller for the dealership.
- Customers can expect to hear back within 60 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures.
- Modification to this or other policies of Burlington Toyota that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.